COVID-19 Action plan for 2020-21 School Year
In order to combat the effect of COVID-19 upon our school community, OSNAS has created a plan of action for the upcoming year. Since the situation continues to evolve, these plans are subject to change based on new information and developments. We plan on implementing the following measures:
- All students will be instructed and held accountable for practicing proper hygiene
- Sneezing into a tissue or the upper arm
- Washing hands for 20 seconds
- Exiting the bathroom door by using a paper towel, etc.
Monitoring Student Health
- OSNAS will have a professional nurse on staff.
- Students will have their temperature taken upon entering the building.
- If deemed necessary by the nurse or administration, symptomatic students will be asked to stay home until they are asymptomatic.
Preventing the Spread of Infectious Disease
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- Classroom desks, door handles, and keyboards will be disinfected on a daily basis.
- Bathrooms and floors will be sanitized
- Students will be spaced apart (We have the advantage of being a smaller school with 120 students and 20 classrooms).
- Teachers and students will be permitted to wear masks.
In Case Someone in the School Becomes Infected
- If someone contracts the virus, that person must remain home for a minimum of two weeks and obtain clearance before gaining readmittance.
- The school may remain closed for a period of time at the discretion of the administration.
- The school will perform a thorough cleaning of the building.
If Schools Are Closed
- An alternate schedule with dates and times for students to meet with their teachers online will be put into use.
- Students will receive face-to-face instruction, in which students and teachers see and hear each other rather than solely receiving worksheets for students to do on their own.
- Attendance will be taken and parents notified if students are consistently absent or tardy.