OSNAS welcomed its first international student in 1999. Ever since then, the program has expanded to include hundreds of international students from five different continents and nearly 40 countries. International students come to Our Savior for many reasons, among which are to experience life in the U.S., learn English, and better prepare themselves for the future. OSNAS does several things to support international students:
Steps To Becoming An InternationAL Student At Our Savior
- The international student fills out the admission application.
- The international director conducts a skype interview with the applicant.
- The director sends the acceptance letter via email.
- The student wires a deposit to the school. The deposit is refundable if the student is unable to obtain a visa.
- The director sends an email with a photocopy of the I-20 to the student.
- The student checks to make sure all information is correct and then uses this photocopy to schedule a visa interview with their local embassy.
- The director then sends the original I-20 via FedEx to the student.
- The student has an interview with the U.S. embassy to obtain an F1 Student Visa.
- If the visa is granted, the director sends enrollment documents via email for the student to fill out and email back.
- The student flies to the U.S.A. to be picked up by the host family.
- The student arrives at school bringing the official transcript, the translated copy of the transcript, and the visa.
- The student gets a schedule, uniform, locker, gym clothes and books.
Fill out the application to take the first step toward continuing your education in Long Island, New York. We look forward to meeting you!